Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Come Fly With Me!


It’s finally here! The day many of us have been waiting for. The day I fly to South Africa! I’m all packed and ready to go, yet with mixed emotions. I’m very excited about this opportunity and I’m also in mourning of change. A death to the familiar is currently transpiring and it hurts. Yet, the really cool thing about change is that it brings forth new life and growth, when guided by the Divine. Over the past few days the concept of Ubuntu has been sticking with me. Ubuntu is a Zulu word/concept meaning, “I am human because you human.” It’s a beautiful word describing how we are all in a community and shaping one another. I am who I am because of all the people who have influenced and impacted my life. Today I am extremely thankful for those people and I’m taking them with me in my spirit, mannerisms, in my utter essence of self. No distance breaks those deep roots of community and love. Today I rejoice for all I have been given and look out onto the next step of my journey.

I will arrive in South Africa at 6pm South African time on the 9th, along with Rebekah, who will be embarking on this journey with me. (South Africa is 8 hrs ahead of the Central time zone). I’ll spend the night in Johannesburg and then ride in a car to Tzaneen, where I’ll be living. Please be in prayer with me during this transition and I’ll give an update as soon as I can! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment